Total Health Foods Blog
The Official Blog for Total Health Foods in Downriver.
Avocado Smoothies - New on the Menu
Total Health Foods raw and organic juice bar has now been open one year. We have added new items to the menu that you are going to love. This week we are featuring the Avo Smoothies! Our already delicious smoothies but now made with avocado that replaces the banana to add that smooth texture to your drink. These new smoothies are dreamy and creamy. They are served with Rice Whip on top to keep with the allergy friendly environment for which Total Health Foods is known.
New Avo Smoothie:
- Cacao Bananza
- Berry Dream
- Keylime Pie
- Strawberries & Cream
10 Avocado Benefits:
- They have the highest protein content of any fruit.
- The contain more potassium than bananas.
- One avocado contains 81 mcg of lutein, great for eye health.
- Avocados are a good fat source. 15 grams of healthy unsaturated fat & 2 grams of saturated fat.
- Amazingly heart healthy.
- They are an anti-inflammatory power house
- Help lower cholesterol
- Great source of antioxidants
- Per ounce avocados contain more fiber than any other fruit. One avocado contains aprox. 14 grams of fiber.
- Increases your energy level.